• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help!! (uusual behaviour)

crystaltilly

I had my tarantula for 9 years and on Wednesday I’ve noticed unusual behavior I’ve never noticed before. She was pacing and walking around disoriented and then on Thursday I found her on her back. I’m thinking she’s getting ready to molt but she’s twitching a lot. I have never noticed that from previous molting.

I’m extremely worried. Is she dying?

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
It could be a molt in progress. I will let others with more experience add their views. Make sure as always that fresh water is handy. I think dehydration can be a problem sometimes with Ts.

I just wanted to chime in to offer my hopes for a good results.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tarantulas suck to get fluid to drink. If it sucks the polymer through the fabric it expands inside the spider. Hopefully this isn't what's happening.

crystaltilly

It could be a molt in progress. I will let others with more experience add their views. Make sure as always that fresh water is handy. I think dehydration can be a problem sometimes with Ts.

I just wanted to chime in to offer my hopes for a good results.
Just doesn’t make sense if I’ve been doing the same thing for 9 years, why now ☹️ Thank you for your reply.

Quentink35

I had my tarantula for 9 years and on Wednesday I’ve noticed unusual behavior I’ve never noticed before. She was pacing and walking around disoriented and then on Thursday I found her on her back. I’m thinking she’s getting ready to molt but she’s twitching a lot. I have never noticed that from previous molting.
View attachment 66024

Critter

View attachment 66024

Critter

Sometimes they can have hard time molting let her be the twitching is most likely her trying to get out of old exto I hav had some do that also all I could do is watch an hope for the best most times it turns out ok

Shan1328

I'm curious to know how she made out and I'm so glad I heard about those water packs I've never seen them and didn't know u could or shouldn't use them for that matter. I'm fairly new to the trade myself. I'm really hoping your T is molting please update

Latest posts