• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PLEASE HELP. (on it's back)

Abbigail

i own a Brazilian black, Just a big bigger than an inch, and i found it on the floor in front of the bookcase it’s enclosure is on. I’m panicking and not sure what to do so anything would help? I put it back in the enclosure still on it’s back bc if it’s moulting i don’t want to disturb it. Would it be harmful if i flipped it back over, even if it’s moulting? Please help idk what to do and don’t want to lose my t

Avicularia Kael

Wait, it got out? How? Also, it would not try to moult outside of its enclosure. It probably died or is dying. Sorry for kinda being the reaper... :(

Abbigail

i have no idea how :( i just found it on the floor and freaked out
I flipped it back over tho and it’s moving slightly, but a few legs looks weird
Idk what to do now

Abbigail

Attachments

• 80D2C109-13B4-4125-9643-A50650E2D4B0.jpeg
    80D2C109-13B4-4125-9643-A50650E2D4B0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • A760DE5B-97BE-4C3C-9279-81C116DA52FC.jpeg
    A760DE5B-97BE-4C3C-9279-81C116DA52FC.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 63

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My advice would be to put the lid on and leave it be. The more stress you cause it will actually make things worse. It looks healthy so I dont think its dehydrated. If it is trying to molt, touching it is can cause more problems. I don't see any bleeding from a fall but it may have internal problems...which theres nothing you can do for it anyways. I'd leave it be for a few days.

Abbigail

My advice would be to put the lid on and leave it be. The more stress you cause it will actually make things worse. It looks healthy so I dont think its dehydrated. If it is trying to molt, touching it is can cause more problems. I don't see any bleeding from a fall but it may have internal problems...which theres nothing you can do for it anyways. I'd leave it be for a few days.

Ok, can a fall onto carpet cause that much damage? The enclosure is about 4 feet away from the ground, but i have no idea if he actually fell all the way, or how he got there in the first place

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes...a fall 4' onto carpet can kill a terrestrial tarantula. Arboreal tarantulas and jumping spiders lift their abdomens when in flight. A fat terrestrial tarantula doesn't. Hopefully it didnt fall and maybe its something else. I'd leave it be for now...theres really nothing that can be done.

Latest posts