• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pet Store T Blondie Help!

david200mph

3 Year Member
Alright i am having one of those moments right now. Only a beginner T collector staring at a T Blondi at a pet store in orange co. Been watching it for 3 weeks. Checking her out and seems like it has lost most of if not all of its smallest bristles on 4 forward legs. About a week ago i noticed some bugs crawling around the water dih. The kid here tells me that the smallest brown bristles are gone because its about to molt. Is this true?
Someone stop me cause im about to rescue a T Blondi.

Attachments

• IMG_20150303_202051_141.jpg
    IMG_20150303_202051_141.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A few questions:

How much are they charging for said T. blondi?

The picture is a little fuzzy so really hard to i.d.

As most avid collectors know, the T. blondi is getting to be extremely rare. Most blondi's that are advertised in pet shops are actually stermi's. Nothing wrong with that but going back to point A, make sure you are getting what you pay for.

david200mph

3 Year Member
The pet store has it listed as a Haitan Goliath Birdeater. Seems to match the pics in Schultz Keepers Guide i just purchased. They have it listed for $44.99
Im just a newbe but watching it for a while, looks like its gonna get big.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
At $44.99, I am betting it is not a blondi. If I am wrong, you win big! Not a bad price even for a stermi. Resuce that poor thing.

Latest posts