• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Peach the Pinky

Fish

She (I think it's actually he but the kids insist on she) belonged to an in-law who had raised her from a sling, but they sadly passed away a week ago. So here I have received the tarantula who hadn't been taken care of for 3 weeks. We don't have any "before" pictures, but the tank was full of junk, like leaves and stuff, and completely webbed over. Once I cleaned it out I found a molt tucked underneath everything, which smelled pretty bad. I cleaned everything out, removed the web, and gave her a superworm to eat. I know spiders don't really show expressions and all, but she seems a lot happier now. She's pretty skittish but hasn't tried to shoot poo at me yet. We got her a 5 gallon tank to move her to when she's done eating, and I'm honestly a little excited.

Attachments

• 16246683740325107204581458155945.jpg
    16246683740325107204581458155945.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to our forum family

5G is kinda large, and if it's a horizontal enclosure it's not the optional orientation for an arboreal. You'd be better off with something taller and narrower.

Fish

The white is actually the worm she was eating. She actually managed to completely devour the entire thing.

And that's not the 5G tank, it's like a little carrier that she came in. I cleaned it out before this pic, but she's not been moved to the larger one yet, since she's still chewing what was left of the worm, but thank you for the concern!