• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. irminia sling

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all,

I just found myself a surprised owner of an irminia sling. I've got a fellow T keeper selling it cheap because he wanted to get himself a hedgehog. So long story short, he will be delivering it tonight to our doorstep after work. Now, I am in need of info as I have not researched on these Ts as I was not planning to add to my collection.

So please, anyone, tell me about your irminia and what are its basic care like. I would also like to know how are they in your care. Super thanks! So excited! :D Need to setup a good arboreal enclo for this 1 inch sling. ;) :T:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'd go with the custom built pirmin harness. They like to walk at dusk and dawn. Better to walk them on the lawn the sidewalk cement damages their foot pads.

Feeding is one annoying neighborhood animal a month.

Meludox

3 Year Member
Hi all,

I just found myself a surprised owner of an irminia sling. I've got a fellow T keeper selling it cheap because he wanted to get himself a hedgehog. So long story short, he will be delivering it tonight to our doorstep after work. Now, I am in need of info as I have not researched on these Ts as I was not planning to add to my collection.

So please, anyone, tell me about your irminia and what are its basic care like. I would also like to know how are they in your care. Super thanks! So excited! :D Need to setup a good arboreal enclo for this 1 inch sling. ;) :T:
Awesome addition! They're NW, but don't have urticating hairs so they'll bite if provoked and are known to be quite defensive.

I have a sling that molted recently. Like most from the Psalmopoeus genus they are veryyy quick and skittish. It's the fastest T in my collection, and even though mine is only 2" I still rehoused it in the bathtub because I was so worried it would bolt, lol. Mine eats very well and can take down some pretty large prey in comparison to itself. It's also a great webber. The setup should be a standard arboreal setup, and I moisten the sub every now and again just to keep humidity up. Overall a super neat and beautiful tarantula.

I have also read that they have incredibly potent venom for being a NW, with their venom almost being as potent as a Poecilotheria. But I haven't read it from anyone who was bit themselves.

Last edited:

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome addition! They're NW, but don't have urticating hairs so they'll bite if provoked and are known to be quite defensive.

I have a sling that molted recently. Like most from the Psalmopoeus genus they are veryyy quick and skittish. It's the fastest T in my collection, and even though mine is only 2" I still rehoused it in the bathtub because I was so worried it would bolt, lol. Mine eats very well and can take down some pretty large prey in comparison to itself. It's also a great webber. The setup should be a standard arboreal setup, and I moisten the sub every now and again just to keep humidity up. Overall a super neat and beautiful tarantula.

I have also read that they have incredibly potent venom for being a NW, with their venom almost being as potent as a Poecilotheria. But I haven't read it from anyone who was bit themselves.
Glad I only read this, else I would have been skittish myself. :) Thanks so much for sharing.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wouldn't have had the guts to do this have I read your post @Meludox

But you are right, it is very beautiful for a sling. Hope I can take good care of this one. Please keep those info coming.

micheldied

3 Year Member

No, their venom is potent for NW Ts, but no where near as bad as Pokies. More like being equal to the medium to low-ish end of the OW Ts.

Latest posts