• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Cambridgei gets a new enclosure

Tarino Palma

My mf p.cam molted 21/09/2022 and was put in a new enclosure that was set up in the same way only now, she decided she’s a terrestrial T. I waited until she was eating again before doing this. I’ll take some before an after picture so you can see how it’s set up. Does anyone else have a P. Cam who acts like a terrestrial? I know they can be this way but up until now, I had never ever seen her on the ground. She does have more floor space and more privacy too, so maybe she feels safe down there. She has also been actively webbing on the ground, so maybe this is just how she starts her web?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One of my wifes cambridgei is often on the floor. It used to worry me when it was on the floor. But it's there so often, it does not any more.

Tarino Palma

Interesting. I had heard of them doing this, but I’d never seen Cami do it. It kinda caught me by surprise. I’m not being a helicopter keeper, but I am glancing inside the enclosure often to see what she’s up to. I suppose if she’s eating and webbing, everything must be ok?