• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Out and about or always hiding?

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
So who in your collection are always out in the open and who are hidden?

My G. rosea, B. emilia and A. chalcodes are bold and never hide.
While my T. vagans is rarely seen— she only comes out at night and if she sees me she’s back to her den in a flash! She’s so beautiful too— very very shy.

My A. geniculata tiny sling is usually hanging out in the open too— doesn’t even get nervy when I open her container to feed or water. Sometimes uses his/her burrow.

Have yet to really see my H. sp Columbia sling—

My H. pulchripes sling is rather bold too

other slings are hidden for now :)

timc

3 Year Member
Basically all of my adults are out every night, with the B. emilia, T. albopilosus, and G. pulchripes almost always visible during the day as well. The slings on the other hand, are, well, slings, and quite prone to burrowing by nature. They also usually show up at night unless they’re in premolt, except the B. albiceps. That thing doesn’t move for anything lol. It’s a pet pebble for sure.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My Hysterocrates gigas is always in here burrow...until I ask her to come out.
20190120_131149.jpg

Revant

None of mines are shy. Pulchras, Versicolors, Pumpkin Patch large, and P. Sp. Blues - the latter ones sometimes ducks into their burrows when I feed or do maintenance, but they usually come right back out to see if I dropped them food.

mommabearbrown3

So who in your collection are always out in the open and who are hidden?

My G. rosea, B. emilia and A. chalcodes are bold and never hide.
While my T. vagans is rarely seen— she only comes out at night and if she sees me she’s back to her den in a flash! She’s so beautiful too— very very shy.

My A. geniculata tiny sling is usually hanging out in the open too— doesn’t even get nervy when I open her container to feed or water. Sometimes uses his/her burrow.

Have yet to really see my H. sp Columbia sling—

My H. pulchripes sling is rather bold too

other slings are hidden for now :)
My gal has never been one to use a hide out or dig. She's always out and about. She's usually on her driftwood or laid out flat on her giant web carpet she lays out. Not shy at all. But don't go in her tank ever, she's pretty territorial. lol.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
All of my stirmi's, apophysis & blondi's are always out, as are all of my adult Brachy's, Tliltocatl, Aphonopelma, Grammostola & Lasiodora The same with my wifes P cambridgeii & my H chilensis they are also always out.

The ones I never see are my C minax, my M albostriatum, our chilobrachys sp electric blue, our L ******imum, P akcaya & a few others.

Latest posts