• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

One escaped T' and a long hot day

Roo

3 Year Member
Well I was about to transfer a H. Gigas over to a new enclosure but ran out of substrates. So I put it in a sealed temporary tub while I went out to get more. Come back and it's gone... o.o

I literally pulled the entire place apart until I found it sitting in a corner looking a bit sorry for itself, if a T' could do that. Didn't put up a fuss as I scooped it up.

After pulling the room apart, I then had an excuse to spring clean.. Well, fun adventure.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
don't see how you guys can do that many. I'm at my limits with the 20 some i have.

timc

3 Year Member
Not quite an escape story but yesterday I we to feed my little baby a. diversipes and the live cricket scared him so bad he just started running laps around the rim of his enclosure. I kept waiting for him to stop or jump out or hide but the little stinker just kept running. He must have done 6 laps. I kinda felt bad laughing at him.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Jesus Christ Roo..do you have any invertebrates that haven't escaped at least once? Im laughing as I'm typing this..I'm serious though..one of these days you'll wake up with a centipede in your underwear...then it wont be so funny..except maybe to the centipede..

Roo

3 Year Member
Jesus Christ Roo..do you have any invertebrates that haven't escaped at least once? Im laughing as I'm typing this..I'm serious though..one of these days you'll wake up with a centipede in your underwear...then it wont be so funny..except maybe to the centipede..

I've had three out of 30 so I'm running at about 10%. I found two but one of the spiders still hasn't turned up :/

Though I contest the last one wasn't my fault :p