• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Obt died

Naythanp96

Hi guys I’ve spoke to a few people and no one can pinpoint what actually happened but my obt seemed to of exploded and have no idea why temps were good water was good substrate was all correct any ideas

Attachments

• 363C31C0-A0A3-43EC-A052-EEEF2021A906.jpeg
    363C31C0-A0A3-43EC-A052-EEEF2021A906.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40

Konstantin

3 Year Member
It looks that it moulted and you have the old exoskeleton (moult).
Your tarantula is probably hiding in her shiny new suit somewhere in the enclosure.
Regards Konstantin

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
OBTs are renowned for making a mess of their moults and the throwing out what's left so I'd @Konstantin is right and you'll find your T hiding away down its burrow.

testdasi

Hi guys I’ve spoke to a few people and no one can pinpoint what actually happened but my obt seemed to of exploded and have no idea why temps were good water was good substrate was all correct any ideas
While that does look like a piece of dirty moult skin, DO NOT try to dig your T out.

Wait 5 days first then do it (if the T hasn't come out of its burrow by then). If it has just moulted, it would be in an incredibly fragile state in the burrow and your digging it out would do more harm than good.

Latest posts