• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OBT color forms

ilikebugs666

Hi all!
I joined because I was looking for some insight about an OBT I got around a month ago.
I definitely believe it is an OBT based on its speed, body patterns, and it’s little green feet(underneath).
It’s a juvie and has yet to molt with me so I haven’t seen any fresh colors, and I think classically with OBT’s, he/she hides a lot.
The great thing is I haven’t seen any defensiveness, no threat poses, or any signs of normal OBT behavior lol
I’ve read that some color forms are more “docile” and some OBT’s in general are not all defensive and ready to bite you for looking at them.
I have a few pictures of them but it’s hard to get good still pictures since they hide a lot.
31BE65B9-D1F4-416F-AB7E-83BF1D3821A7.jpeg

Attachments

• BD8170A8-D5CF-4A02-B04E-71234BFB489F.jpeg
    BD8170A8-D5CF-4A02-B04E-71234BFB489F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • ECA38DA2-2E83-4BF1-B558-E9CE68193AF3.jpeg
    ECA38DA2-2E83-4BF1-B558-E9CE68193AF3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm on my 3rd OBT, 2 Usambaras and now a Red Colour Form and not one of them has been aggressive. My first Usambara (also my first ever T) was a juvi which grew to adult hood who would sit at the top of her webbing for hours (she's my avatar), the second Usambara was a little sling sadly lost to a bad moult and now I have a Red juvi who is in hiding during the day but appears every evening to sit in full view.
I find they are more nervous than aggressive, vanishing from sight if disturbed rather than throwing a threat pose.

ilikebugs666

I'm on my 3rd OBT, 2 Usambaras and now a Red Colour Form and not one of them has been aggressive. My first Usambara (also my first ever T) was a juvi which grew to adult hood who would sit at the top of her webbing for hours (she's my avatar), the second Usambara was a little sling sadly lost to a bad moult and now I have a Red juvi who is in hiding during the day but appears every evening to sit in full view.
I find they are more nervous than aggressive, vanishing from sight if disturbed rather than throwing a threat pose.
I’ve also noticed the shyness or nervousness as you said.
I typically see him/ her hanging out on top of that little pumpkin most often, so half out half in but will quickly vanish down into their little hole once I start to open the top.
This morning they were fully out and I was almost to get a picture before they retreated.
I was mostly wondering about the color forms since based on its coloring it looks like the dark color form, or even one called a “chocolate” color form.
I have 3 other T’s but they are my first OBT and first OW so I’m just more on the cautious side where as with my other 3 I just reach in with my hands and do whatever I need.