• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Non-Arachnid Invertebrate Photo Thread

Christine.A

3 Year Member
Some of my invertebrate photos. : )

My Madagascar hissing ****roach Gilligan. I had another male, Evosh, and a female, Josie. Unfortunately they have since passed away but I love these guys.
gilligan_by_akarikuragi-d31wnfc_zps564086d9.jpg

gilligan_2_by_akarikuragi-d31wnyc_zps2aaeddd4.jpg

A couple praying mantis'.
hello_there_by_akarikuragi-d36vtjx_zpsb6932576.jpg

Mantis I traded for my ****roaches.
IMG_1243.jpg

praying_mantis_by_akarikuragi-d311uix_zpsa5e2de5d.jpg

Fiery Skipper (Hylephila phyleus)
fiery_skipper_by_akarikuragi-d2z4nw7_zps33148748.jpg

fiery_skipper_2_by_akarikuragi-d2z4odn_zps4d6a79b5.jpg

Christine.A

3 Year Member
XD I was hoping they would breed for me but unfortunately they passed away before they did. I got them during the fall and they died during the spring so it was still too cold for them to breed. They died shortly after I put them in a new terrarium and I think it was the mulch that did them in, since I've read around that certain types are poisonous to tarantulas so I was thinking the same might have been true for them. : ( I'm hoping to get a few more before I get some tarantulas and possibly get a colony going.

Quandry

3 Year Member
Hissers are fun! I have one of my own (acquired from our department's outreach colony). I'm super excited about the glowspots reproducing. Once the colony gets big enough, I'm going to snag a couple males for myself.

Latest posts