• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newly addicted.

TrudyJudy'sBooty

Hi all,

I started out owning a couple of jumping spiders, but I hate how short their lifespans are. I dread the heartbreak!

So, I got my first T in May this year, a cute little Cyriocosmus Elegans sling. It's quickly become an obsession, and I now have 17 different species (including an L.Sazimai that has been on the run for several weeks now.

This morning I took delivery of a T. Violaceous sling and a juvenile L.Klugi. Both are settling in to their enclosures now, but I managed to grab some pics of Klugi. Check out this sweet baby!

Attachments

• 20240801_105647.jpg
    20240801_105647.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 13
Enn49 said it best and I will second it!!!! Welcome to the most addicting thing that may cross your path!! Not too many days pass that I'm not contemplating buying my next T species that has climbed to the top of the list...a list that is constantly in change and evolving!! This forum has also turned me into the very thing I despise..a hypocrite! I stay on my cell phone typing too long replies to things and now I'm doing it again....lol! Welcome again and time to go!!

brachypelma

Hi all,

I started out owning a couple of jumping spiders, but I hate how short their lifespans are. I dread the heartbreak!

So, I got my first T in May this year, a cute little Cyriocosmus Elegans sling. It's quickly become an obsession, and I now have 17 different species (including an L.Sazimai that has been on the run for several weeks now.

This morning I took delivery of a T. Violaceous sling and a juvenile L.Klugi. Both are settling in to their enclosures now, but I managed to grab some pics of Klugi. Check out this sweet baby!
I think we all start out with some type of arachnid, but it soon grows...

My wife is just re-homing gawd knows how many jumping spiders (Phidippus regius) Regal Jumping Spiders, they are quite hardy to look after. But my wife decided to breed her female with my male, and it all went smoothly. Both the adults are from different sacs, first time we've bred jumping spiders.

It was fun, watching them grow from the sac to the little ones now, but a few have been eating their brothers and sisters. We quickly ordered 100 small enclosures, which my wife is putting them into now.

I got two new enclosures for my Asian Fawn and Salmon Pink Toe (both of them are aggressive (old world) tarantulas. Re-housing both tomorrow, not looking forward to those two, we have had hairs in the room before, so we know what to expect! ️️