• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newb With A Tiger Rump tarantula!

Cara Menagerie

3 Year Member
Hey guys,

I am a newb as in..this is my first spider and first dip into the not so normal pet. I grew up with a dog, and a hermit crab tank.

Than I went weird with ferrets and feeding them whole prey/meat as par their best diet.

For a few months I have been craving something weird. Another crazy pet that makes people question my sanity.

At first, I thought tortious! I still want one one day. Than big bird? I still want one but I don't have room currently.

A lady whom I am baby sitting her cats showed me her collection of spiders and I melted. They have always fascinated me but I never considered them a pet. Now, I am picking up a tiger this Saturday from the same lady...

I do have questions that research doesn't seem to tell me the answers but than I am also still learning.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Cara and welcome to what is probably the most addictive hobby, I bet it will be the first of many Ts. As for questions, ask away. there is always someone on here happy to help.

Cara Menagerie

3 Year Member
Thanks!

I am going to try to find answers off the forum just so I don't ask the same old question every newb who does not do research asks.

But I do expect to end up with a few..-.- I will try not too!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new addiction!

I bought a copy of the Tarantula Keeper's Guide from Amazon.com, its great read and answers a lot of questions.

For urgent questions, ask, otherwise use the search function above or troll the various forums and threads.

Have fun :)

Latest posts