• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newb here!

Bothelldruid85

3 Year Member
This looks like the place to be for T forums! I just got this guy at a local reptile shop, they said it was a Brazilian species but didn't say which one. Any thoughts? Excited to start this hobby, been researching off and on for a bit now.

T

Attachments

• 12765525_10156656803320360_28497178_o.jpg
    12765525_10156656803320360_28497178_o.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 37

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't tell from that pic, but i'm sure one of our more experienced members will be able to. Looks well fed though, nice fat abdomen. Welcome to the forums :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This looks like the place to be for T forums! I just got this guy at a local reptile shop, they said it was a Brazilian species but didn't say which one. Any thoughts? Excited to start this hobby, been researching off and on for a bit now.

T
Welcome. Yes this IS the right place to be. I have been in the hobby 20 years and have learned more in the last few months on this forum than from anywhere else. The sling is too small to identify but agree with others that it looks in really good condition and probably not far from another molt soon IMHO. Enjoy the hobby and the forum.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome both to the hobby and the forum.
Ha ha....thought I had missed another newbie here until realised both is a shortening of the new member name.....unless you meant both as in the owner and the T. Now my head hurts. Need a cup of tea! Lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ha ha....thought I had missed another newbie here until realised both is a shortening of the new member name.....unless you meant both as in the owner and the T. Now my head hurts. Need a cup of tea! Lol

Haha!!! I actually meant both hobby and forum :D. You'd better have another cup of tea.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow, this is probably the biggest and most warm welcome I have a received on a forum...woot! I am going to feed the sling tomorrow (one small pinhead cricked). Thank you everyone.
You are more than welcome. Keep us updated with pics and then I am sure between us we can give you a proper ID of the little un ☺

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello and big welcome, do keep us updated while that lovely little round babie grows, you need to name it Mystery :p

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello and big welcome, do keep us updated while that lovely little round babie grows, you need to name it Mystery :p
Good suggestion. Like it. Or "Dynamo".....that is a name of a famous magician/illusionist in the UK

Latest posts