• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to this Site

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Hey all. I'm Psyrocke. I'm a member of a few..okay 2...other sites, but just looking for other places to connect to other hobbyists. In terms of length I'm new to the hobby (been in with tarantulas since September) but I have 4 currently, which this week is growing to a minimum of 7. My preferred genus that I consider my "must-have" is Tapinauchenius of which I currently have a Tapinauchenius sp Colombia which molted just under a month ago (in 62-64 degree (Farenheit) temps nonetheless. She's my pride and joy. I am gaining another Tap, a Tapinauchenius sp Caribbean Diamond (new to the states) and seems to be the only one of my Tap gang I know of who will be watching and raising one this week.

I am getting my first Old World at the end of this week as well. So, hello and I am excited to make new friends. Feel free to PM or email me cause I don't bite, and I just want to make new hobby buddies.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Welcome! I really want to get a tap but don't think I'm ready for that kind of speed yet.

What kind of old world are you getting?
I found that my Colombia is more a retreat and teleports back to her den than out. Most of the species are more skittish than defensive, with the exception being gigas whose more apt to stand his ground (also happens to be my least favorite aesthetic look).

I am getting a Heterothele gabonensis. Little dwarf old word, thought it was a good step for me.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. What else have you and what are you getting? Btw I have 2 Tapinauchenius, a gigas and a violaceus, the gigas is just so fast.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Hi and welcome. What else have you and what are you getting? Btw I have 2 Tapinauchenius, a gigas and a violaceus, the gigas is just so fast.
I have a Bumba Cabocla, a Brachypelma vagans, a Phormictopus sp South Hispaniola and a Tapinauchenius sp Colombia. I am getting this week a Tapinauchenius sp Caribbean Diamond, a Heterothele Gabonensis and a Kochiana brunnipes. I love taps so much. Violaceus is one of my favorites of the more commonly known/available Taps. They are next on my list of Taps to get.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a Bumba Cabocla, a Brachypelma vagans, a Phormictopus sp South Hispaniola and a Tapinauchenius sp Colombia. I am getting this week a Tapinauchenius sp Caribbean Diamond, a Heterothele Gabonensis and a Kochiana brunnipes. I love taps so much. Violaceus is one of my favorites of the more commonly known/available Taps. They are next on my list of Taps to get.

Ooo, nice. I have an H. gabonensis and 2 K. brunnipes and have always fancied a B. cabocla but because of their size and the fact I already have 2 6"+ L. parahybanas which will take up a lot of space when they have grown a bit more, I have resisted the temptation

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Ooo, nice. I have an H. gabonensis and 2 K. brunnipes and have always fancied a B. cabocla but because of their size and the fact I already have 2 6"+ L. parahybanas which will take up a lot of space when they have grown a bit more, I have resisted the temptation
My cabocla is only at 2" at the moment and seems to be waiting for something to get bigger, so for now I shall say seems to be growing kinda slow. The gabonensis are my first OW and I am excited and fascinated haha.

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Hello Psyrocke! Your enthusiasm is a real pleasure!

I have two T gigas myself, and I really like them a lot: everything is fast with them, eating, running, growing! And they know how to be beautiful too. I fully understand your passion for Taps. I should try to get others than gigas (I must admit I don't know the other ones very well). You'll be my guide if you post pictures and share experience!!!

Anyway, welcome here!!!

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Hello Psyrocke! Your enthusiasm is a real pleasure!

I have two T gigas myself, and I really like them a lot: everything is fast with them, eating, running, growing! And they know how to be beautiful too. I fully understand your passion for Taps. I should try to get others than gigas (I must admit I don't know the other ones very well). You'll be my guide if you post pictures and share experience!!!

Anyway, welcome here!!!
I would love to help you out, however my experience is limited having only been with a Colombia since October. However, that will be changing soon as I get my sling. But I will definitely post pictures of her as soon as I can (read, at my own computer haha).

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I have noticed, that apparently, the Colombia can molt in less than prime conditions. She successfully completed her molt in probably about 12 hours in 62-64 degree Farenheit weather. She didn't lose any limbs, she didn't get super dehyrdrated and her fangs blackened up within the week.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome, Psyrocke...great to see you here! This place rocks; some really friendly and helpful folks here. I don't think you'll have trouble finding new hobby buddies. :)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
It's more of a "let your hair down and relax" forum...with the benefit of great information and people. :)
Yeah, I've noticed. It's a fantastic change. And the way certain areas of the forum are much easier to deal with. Without needing certain permissions, or requirements.

Latest posts