• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the crew!

Sharkee81

416D880A-0867-49C2-9A5A-988219E4AE50.jpeg
Picked up a blonde at the show today.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Temps and humidity are never a concern with these guys. I keep mine 68-80 degrees but i wouldn't worry about it if it dipped into the 50s. As long as they have a deep burrow they will be fine.
They like their deep burrows but stay out in the open alot. Dry substrate and a large water dish is a must. I overflow the water dish every other week. They suck at climbing so make sure they don't have far to fall. I added lots of plants to help out with this. Premolt can take forever so if it doesn't eat for months don't be alarmed. Pretty easy tarantulas to care for.

Sharkee81

Temps and humidity are never a concern with these guys. I keep mine 68-80 degrees but i wouldn't worry about it if it dipped into the 50s. As long as they have a deep burrow they will be fine.
They like their deep burrows but stay out in the open alot. Dry substrate and a large water dish is a must. I overflow the water dish every other week. They suck at climbing so make sure they don't have far to fall. I added lots of plants to help out with this. Premolt can take forever so if it doesn't eat for months don't be alarmed. Pretty easy tarantulas to care for.
Thanks for the info. Would you say 3 inches of sub would be enough?

Latest posts