• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New T

swimbait

3 Year Member
:):)
20150221_143425.jpg
Lets see who knows what it is just by looking at the picture? ☺

pokie99

3 Year Member
Congratulations! Great species! From the picture you can't see the blue feet and it wasn't in a burrow. I looked at the carapase and I couldn't see any horn so I thought it's either a small Ceratogyrus or some kind of Pterinochilus. I don't know why but I really like the chordatus so the first thing that came into my mind was it. I looked at some juvenile photos of this species to be sure and thought this was on the picture. How big is it and do you know the sex? Has it started making a burrow yet? I was thinking of buying one a while ago but there were only small slings and I'm more of a fan of the 100% females.:) What's your first impression?
Hope you have it for a long time.

swimbait

3 Year Member
I just got it yesterday it is probably 1.5" but its nice and fat. I do not know the sex I didn't ask but I don't think it has been sexed yet. I can message him I got him from a friend of mine. Right now the feet aren't very blue, there is a slight dark blue on the tips of the toes but that's it. I took this pic right after rehouse, which was quite exhilarating this thing was fast and mad, got on top of the deli I was transferring it to and got into a threat pose and kept smacking the lid as I tried to nudge it to go down! That is why there was no burrow, by this morning it was gone! The hole you see in the pic below actually seems to be a burrow it started and didn't finish, he has actually settled to the left of the hole has a little burrow and trap door on top already! Maybe the unfinished hole is to trap prey and it has another opening to get into there?? I think I will try to feed tonight since it is already pretty settled in. You can also see from the side the broken up dirt below the trap door
20150222_143713.jpg 20150222_143747.jpg