• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New member :)

Mommafrog

I have recently added my first tarantula to my babies. I have 6 frogs and 2 jumpers. It is a Caribena Versicolor/ Antilles Pinktoe. They are about silver dollar sized. I’m trying to find out if a mini tall is okay for the next 6 months and if I need to drill holes in it for better ventilation. I also read that they can chew threw the metal screen on top. Is that true?

Attachments

• 40736B2B-F899-4A02-AF46-4DE91A5F0252.jpeg
    40736B2B-F899-4A02-AF46-4DE91A5F0252.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • 3BF7040B-33EA-4239-AA87-C810BED28B1C.jpeg
    3BF7040B-33EA-4239-AA87-C810BED28B1C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

fallonzoey

Hello :) I'm new too. What kind of container is that? I just got a caribena versicolor sling as well. I have mine in a tarantula cribs sling enclosure. Tarantulas can get their legs caught in wire mesh, so it's advised not to use it. For people who keep their Ts in enclosures like the exo Terra terrariums that have wire mesh tops, there are youtube videos on how to replace with acrylic. I hope this helps answer your question!

Attachments

• 20220820_094745.jpg
    20220820_094745.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8

SullivanC

I have recently added my first tarantula to my babies. I have 6 frogs and 2 jumpers. It is a Caribena Versicolor/ Antilles Pinktoe. They are about silver dollar sized. I’m trying to find out if a mini tall is okay for the next 6 months and if I need to drill holes in it for better ventilation. I also read that they can chew threw the metal screen on top. Is that true?
Hi welcome to the site :) metal screen is just not safe for the reason @fallonzoey mentioned yes because when they make exo terra they didnt have spiders in mind while making their products so to make it safe for a spider its best to modify the lid first before starting to use it
Hello :) I'm new too. What kind of container is that? I just got a caribena versicolor sling as well. I have mine in a tarantula cribs sling enclosure. Tarantulas can get their legs caught in wire mesh, so it's advised not to use it. For people who keep their Ts in enclosures like the exo Terra terrariums that have wire mesh tops, there are youtube videos on how to replace with acrylic. I hope this helps answer your question!
Those are beautiful enclosure I am in love with those very pretty looking :) I actually have one of them but its not for arboreals, its for terrestrial species. Are you happy with the quality magnets have when closing the lid?

Mommafrog

Thank you I will look into it. I do think I will purchase the same tank my jumpers are in for the time being and start to modify the exoterra. It’s to big for the little guy yet anyway. I want to also get some cute things to add to it any how there is just so many things to choose from. I didn’t even think about his legs! What a good spider mom I am. I have so much to learn.

Mommafrog

fallonzoey

What brand/size? I like it & want to research it. I'm really thinking about getting my versicolor the exoterra nano tall when it gets bigger bc the web tunnels it creates look like they would be bothered by a top opening, so front opening enclosure would be best. Other enclosures im looking into are the large arboreal 360 tarantula crib or the large tree house from tarantula cribs. I really like tarantula cribs enclosures.

MattB78

Hey, not sure if these guys ship abroad but these are the best for this species. Top feeding and perfect ventilation. www.thespidershop.co.uk

Attachments

• 20220821_170852.jpg
    14.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220821_170857.jpg
    14.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220821_170935.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 7

MattB78

Those are beautiful for arboreal yes :) I think they also have feeding hole that makes it super safe to feed tarantulas that are very fast
Yes, they are literally built for these, and jumping spiders. It allows them to web at the very top without you destroying it every time you go in there!

SullivanC

Yes, they are literally built for these, and jumping spiders. It allows them to web at the very top without you destroying it every time you go in there!
How big are they by dimensions? I have seen them in store for sale but forgot their dimension, these enclosures would be very ideal for poecilotheria species since they are very bolty and speedy

MattB78

How big are they by dimensions? I have seen them in store for sale but forgot their dimension, these enclosures would be very ideal for poecilotheria species since they are very bolty and speedy
Mine is a grown on sling, so she is in a 6cm wide x 10cm tall. Largest I've seen them do is 20cm tall. They are only just starting out with manufacturing so early days I guess. However, they are a very respected breeder and supplier here. So I love supporting them!

MattB78

Mine is a grown on sling, so she is in a 6cm w x 10cm tall. Largest I've seen them do is 20cm tall. They are only just starting out with manufacturing so early days I guess. However, they are a very respected breeder and supplier here. So I love supporting them!

SullivanC

Mine is a grown on sling, so she is in a 6cm w x 10cm tall. Largest I've seen them do is 20cm tall. They are only just starting out with manufacturing so early days I guess. However, they are a very respected breeder and supplier here. So I love supporting them!
That is good my friend! :) do they make special hole for watering too or is it just feeding?

MattB78

That is good my friend! :) do they make special hole for watering too or is it just feeding?
I drip water through the top vents. Some on the web, most down to the bottom.