• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Member from CA (Bay Area)!

cshui

Hi everyone! I joined this forum a few days ago but I've been browsing around it for the past year or so. I'm 20 and I've been keeping Ts for the past 10 years (though the first 7 years were just with my pet rock g. porteri that is still with me today). I currently have 42 Ts, but it will be 56 + 3 eresus walckenaeri by this Wednesday! I'm always open to name suggestions as well :). Very excited to finally own some true spiders!! Though this will probably be my limit for a while until I'm done with ugrad/grad school.

I'd like to say I'm pretty experienced with keeping tarantulas, but what I love about this hobby is that there is always more to learn no matter how much one thinks they know. I'm joining with the primary goal of meeting more like-minded hobbyists (all of my hs/college friends despise everything 6/8-legged lol), learning more husbandry/enclosure set-up tips, helping beginners with questions, hearing peoples' experiences with certain sp., and trading some of MMs I will eventually have (I currently don't have the time nor resources to breed Ts).

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome, fellow left-coaster!

Would love to see some of your setups and Ts/spiders

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello from the east coast and welcome. Very helpful community here.

Latest posts