• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New home for Ary

Kla

I just got a bigger tank for my spider. She likes to hang out in the two things we put in there. Just wondering if I did everything right or if anything looks dangerous
089E0C2A-E6CE-481E-A7A2-211630F64EE5.jpeg
E13A0ED2-2295-439D-8443-FC9954CCA80A.jpeg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Since it's a male....that cage is going to be dangerous for him. Mature males like to climb around looking for a female. They often fall which will more then likely cause injury. I would fill that enclosure up half way with substrate and take the hides out. Just leave a water dish. Mature males wont use a hide usually...they only have one thing on the brain.

Kla

Since it's a male....that cage is going to be dangerous for him. Mature males like to climb around looking for a female. They often fall which will more then likely cause injury. I would fill that enclosure up half way with substrate and take the hides out. Just leave a water dish. Mature males wont use a hide usually...they only have one thing on the brain.
Oh you’re in both forums! Ever since we got HIM he always seems to hang out inside stuff, he use to lays be in that pink flower pot before he outgrew it, and we had smaller stuff he stayed in until a week go when we got this new tank and those two things but over the week we have seen him inside both

I will add more substrate ASAP

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Eventually he wont use either. I dont bother with hides in my mature males enclosures. Some of mine may have them but they dont use them anymore. When was his last molt?