• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new & excited/nervous

rénee

3 Year Member
I am a brand new tarantula owner, I am proud and can't wait to begin this journey!

I am nervous and scared, pets are just like children where you are always going to be worried that you art doing enough and if your babies are safe, healthy and happy!

I can't wait to hear advice, tips and other knowledge of these beauties (even though spiders scare me..)

cheers! :)

Ps. My tarantula is a rose haired, not sure if boy or girl yet, I also have 2 scorpions who are brother and sister and are named calliou and cleopatra (or cleo)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. You'll find loads of helpful advice on here and temptation to buy more - Ts are very addictive :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! You're absolutely in the right place, couldn't ask for a nicer group of folks. ^*^

Last edited:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome! U are afraid of spiders now but the more u learn and interact with them, the more u see them in a different light...they wont even seems like the same animal after a while.

rénee

3 Year Member
Welcome! U are afraid of spiders now but the more u learn and interact with them, the more u see them in a different light...they wont even seems like the same animal after a while.

I can totally see that, I'm so interested already, and can't wait to start handling but I know I have to give enough time for settlement, but I'm so excited to see my T grow and socialize with it! :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can totally see that, I'm so interested already, and can't wait to start handling but I know I have to give enough time for settlement, but I'm so excited to see my T grow and socialize with it! :)
Handling is a hot button issue here. Pretty much everyone suggest not holding them at all. It is not good for the tarantula. But i think to each is own. but if u do decide to, just be careful and hold it close to the floor on sitting on something. a few inch drop can possibly rupture the spiders abdomen internally and kill it.

rénee

3 Year Member
Oh yes of course, from what I was told it liked to be handled and is pretty docile, but yah I did read tips on how to handle, but I guess I will have to refrain from doing it too much haha.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh yes of course, from what I was told it liked to be handled and is pretty docile, but yah I did read tips on how to handle, but I guess I will have to refrain from doing it too much haha.
No tarantula LIKES to be handled. Some will TOLERATE it, but there is a big difference. ;)

Latest posts