• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Baboon has arrived

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My new Encyocratella olivacea (Usambara Black-femured Baboon) has arrived after 7 days in the post. It gave me a bit of fun rehousing it, first running up my arm then round and round the outside of the vial I caught it in hence the T still sitting on the vial in its new home. This one is from @spidersworld.eu.

DSCF7736 (2).JPG

DSCF7737 (2).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Shampain In between to begin with. I've put it in a 4" cube with enough substrate for it to burrow and a tallish piece of cork bark and plant so it can climb so we shall see which it chooses.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It'll be interesting to see if it's another "Semi Arboreal" since it has only been found on a mountain... You gotta love this hobby! :) Congrats again Ennie!

I shall keep you all informed :)

It's really a pretty little one. Can't wait to see it fresh molted!

It's only a 2nd instar so it can only get better :D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Once Meru left the vial it squeezed behind the cork bark and didn't move, I guess it was in need of a rest after the journey. Tonight I dropped a couple of very small crickets in, one has vanished and the other is being devoured. Meru has also started her new home with a bit of webbing.

DSCF7746 (2).JPG

Bugmom

3 Year Member
That's just the beginning of the webbing he/she will do.

Mine is in a deli cup, a few inches of substrate. It has intricate tunnels throughout and every spare inch is webbed heavily. I hardly can see it; occasionally I'll get a glimpse of leg in the one "window" left in the cup.

Latest posts