• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Additions Came Today

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
My five new additions showed up today!!!! Of course FedEx was late, then he didn't even knock on the door, he just left them on the porch, but I found them and they were all just fine. Instead of trying to take pics of all of them, I did a video which can be found here:

Mind you, I don't do many videos so go easy on me. Lol

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
IMG_0833.JPG
G. Porteri hanging out on the side.
IMG_0834.JPG
B. Smithi getting a drink.
IMG_0831.JPG
A. Seemani (blue) looking pre-molt.
image.jpg
B. Albopilosum digging it.
image.jpg
Super teeny tiny A. Geniculata. I have a hard time finding that one. Lol. It's smaller than my first one was I guess I can feed it a leg or something cuz all I can get around here r small crickets which r twice its size. Any ideas?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 21892 G. Porteri hanging out on the side. View attachment 21893 B. Smithi getting a drink. View attachment 21894 A. Seemani (blue) looking pre-molt. View attachment 21895 B. Albopilosum digging it.
View attachment 21896 Super teeny tiny A. Geniculata. I have a hard time finding that one. Lol. It's smaller than my first one was I guess I can feed it a leg or something cuz all I can get around here r small crickets which r twice its size. Any ideas?
crush the head of the cricket, they'll scavenge it and eat one for days.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
nice! i'd cut the head off though. and discard it. Right after you chop a mealworm they go into a biting frenzy for a mintute or 2.

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
nice! i'd cut the head off though. and discard it. Right after you chop a mealworm they go into a biting frenzy for a mintute or 2.

Ahhhh! I did not know that, but that's what I did when I fed today just cut I don't like digging the little buggers out and messing up the sub that and i founder what apared to be an older dead oNE that had something fuzzy on it. Don't know if it was mold or the T decided to Web it up but don't want it to happen again.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
crush the head of the cricket, they'll scavenge it and eat one for days.

It's a good idea.
I do that though I hate to.
Only problem I have found, with this, is that, even without their heads intact, the nervous system still works for awhile. If legs are not removed, they can still sort of semi hop around a wee bit.
Generally okay but have lost a couple of head crushed crickets (in fact just yesterday) due to their ending up in the water bowls. Had not had that happen before. Surprised me. LoL

Latest posts