• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some help....

Tcole91

If you want to sell, or get rid of them at third instar(thats when they feed and are strong enough to ship), let us know. I'll take ten. Or twenty. So, management said remove it but provided no further instructions? Remove it for what? Why? And what do they intend? To raise them and adopt them out? Im confused..

Ok so I was told to remove them because she arrived in a container with holes that were created with a solder and everyone was freaking out about baby Ts running around the building.
NONE of my management has any knowledge of invertebrate care let alone Tarantulas. They were honestly hoping they would all die and were very upset when I told them almost all of the eggs were viable.
We are only allowed to adopt out dogs and cats here. Any other species has to go to a species specific rescue OR go home with staff .... there’s very few reptile rescues around here and NO invertebrate rescues that I’m aware of.

In all honesty if they don’t get moved to a rescue it’s entirely possible I will have to bring them all home so that they don’t get killed.

However they’re not cleared to leave the facility at all until further notice as they’re apart of a case (I cannot say anymore than that).

As far as separating them I have 4oz condiment cups (I have 150 cups) I plan on using until I can get something more appropriate.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Build one of these with a couple food containers and coffee filters...you can use pantyhose also. Keep them at 80 degrees until they molt two more times...then you will need to separate them. At that point they will want to start feeding or start eating each other.

Last edited:

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Build one of these with a couple food containers and coffee filters...you can use pantyhose also. Keep them at 80 degrees until they molt two more times...then you will need to separate them. At that point they will want to start feeding or start eating each other.
@Tcole91 this is EXACTLY what I was referring to. Some are made a little different but this is what you need. :)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Tcole91 this is EXACTLY what I was referring to. Some are made a little different but this is what you need. :)
This isnt the best but its quick and fast as long as you keep the coffee filter dry it will work fine. I make mine much different now. I should do a new updated video.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok so I was told to remove them because she arrived in a container with holes that were created with a solder and everyone was freaking out about baby Ts running around the building.
NONE of my management has any knowledge of invertebrate care let alone Tarantulas. They were honestly hoping they would all die and were very upset when I told them almost all of the eggs were viable.
We are only allowed to adopt out dogs and cats here. Any other species has to go to a species specific rescue OR go home with staff .... there’s very few reptile rescues around here and NO invertebrate rescues that I’m aware of.

In all honesty if they don’t get moved to a rescue it’s entirely possible I will have to bring them all home so that they don’t get killed.

However they’re not cleared to leave the facility at all until further notice as they’re apart of a case (I cannot say anymore than that).

As far as separating them I have 4oz condiment cups (I have 150 cups) I plan on using until I can get something more appropriate.

Ahh, I see. Sounds like you got it covered then. Good luck, and let us know if you want to sell. They dont go for much but if there's a bunch, they add up.

Tcole91

At the 2nd molt...you can ship the entire lot if you dont want to care for them all. I can show you how to ship them if you like. Its actually pretty simple at that stage.

How often do they molt?
It’s honestly been really exciting getting these guys where they are with how little I’ve been provided by my management. Given our positions you’d think we’d all treat all animals equally but that’s not the case. It’s unfortunate that there’s such an awful stigma with so many different species.

Also, thank you everyone for the advice! I’ve been doing the best I could with the little knowledge I do have... it’s just hard to find info on slings online