• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need Help!!!

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
So last night I was misting Aragons cage because I think he is in pre-molt. I noticed that small nats or fruit flies (2 to be exact) were flying around in his tank!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: I tried hard to get them out!? Where did they come from??! None of my other tanks have them, and my slings are fine. I am doing a complete substrate change today to get rid of them. Has anyone else experience this?! Help?!!

Sabeth

3 Year Member
There might be fruit fly eggs or larvae in the sub, in which case changing it should take care of the problem. No, I've never had that happen to me but I've heard of it happening. They may have come in on whatever you are feeding your slings. I don't think they're harmful, though...slings even eat fruit flies (the flightless ones).

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
There might be fruit fly eggs or larvae in the sub, in which case changing it should take care of the problem. No, I've never had that happen to me but I've heard of it happening. They may have come in on whatever you are feeding your slings. I don't think they're harmful, though...slings even eat fruit flies (the flightless ones).
Okay great thank you Sabeth!! I was worried. Especially since my T is in pre-molt. It gave me a scare. But its funny when I went to do the substrate change...they weren't there anymore, haha. But I changed it anyway so I think were good! :D

donna

3 Year Member
we have had them before & we think the only way they got in is with food. you did the right thing changing the sub. thats what we had to do.

Latest posts