• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need advice for three different subjects

Birdofhermes

1. I need help with my avicularia juruensis juvenile I got it 5 days ago and doing after research I need an encloser with better air ventilation where can I get an encloser suited to a tree dweller the size of my thumb since I'm poop at DIY and/or how much cross ventilation do I need on a rectangular 10 inch encloser if I need to DIY
2. Where can I get hold of a jumping spider breeder in the UK I can't seem to find any jumping spider dealers because my pet collection of 2 spiders will land me a wife
3. My avicularia has a missing pedipalp! will this affect it in future say if it turns out to be male and I want to breed it?

T-Baby

3 Year Member
Hi welcome to the forum.
1. For a pokie that size you could simply buy a container thats what many of us use. A soldering iron to create your vent holes, meaning you can have as many as you need! I purchased my container from TheSpiderShop actually 5.8L which is plenty big enough for your pokie. A soldering iron is as little as £4 off Amazon.
2. Again, TheSpiderShop have Regal Jumpers for sale.
3. @Enn49 is correct the pedipalp will grow back after a few moults, when it reaches adulthood it’ll be like nothing ever happened.

Last edited:

Birdofhermes

Birdofhermes

Welcome.... You want to breed yet you dont know the simple basics of tarantulas. What are you going to do when you have 300-500 Ts to care for???
Ty and hi I was just using the breeding thing as a example as i would never risk putting the t in danger of being eaten for my mistakes and didn't want the pedipalp to be it's downfall. I'm trying to learn and the more I'm studying the more addictive the hobby seems to become so you will be hear a few dumby posts from me but yea ty for the concern

Attachments

• IMG_20190208_013020.jpg
    IMG_20190208_013020.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just dont want you to fall in with the rest of the hobby that feel they must breed a Male. Alot of newbies become overwhelmed with slings and the slings end up the ones suffering. Your Male will grow back his pedipalps and even if he didnt he could still breed with one.
I waited 35 years before I started breeding tarantulas. In that time I had 100s of males that if I didnt trade or loan just slowly died when it was their time...and that's ok. To care for 1000s of slings can take up all your spare time. My advise is to learn the basics and keep several species at one time then ask yourself if your ready for a huge commitment.
Aside from the 50-60 hours a week at work I spend 10-15 hours on the weekends caring for Ts. You gotta love it or this lifestyle isnt for you.
Good luck

Last edited:

Latest posts