• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Versi Sling is here!! Quick question

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Charlotte Cute even with only 6 legs lol.

I use a thick needle heated up to put the holes in for slings, the larger ones I use a metal skewer. I think the holes round the top of the sides are more important and you seem to have plenty. I'd forget putting them in the lid.

Charlotte

3 Year Member
@Enn49 how soon can you tell the sex? I hope I have a female.

What do you keep all your Ts on, do you have a unit? I have seen loads more I want but I just don't think I have the space.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Charlotte The P. vittata, OBT and P. metallica are in ExoTerra vivs on the sideboard along with another that housed my son's late G.rosea and the nursery viv that holds 30 sling containers of varying sizes. Then I have a 3 viv stack that houses my Royal Python in the top and my larger T containers in the bottom 2.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I thought the humidity had to be between 70-80? that's what the spider shop says and all the sites I've looked on? I just want to make sure I get it right as I don't want to loose it.

Skittles has a water dish and the substrate was slightly moist which will dry out. There are so many conflicting things about them it's hard to know whats right and wrong.

It is getting a little colder now so I think I will start putting the heating on for a bit in the room they are in, I do have a heat mat but no thermostat. There is a therm/hygrometer on the wall so I can check the room temp.

@Fuzzball79 where do you put your heat mat, at the back?
Ignore caresheets. They are useless and full of bad information. It makes more sense to listen to people with years of experience IMO.

I don't use heat mats because they're dangerous. Get yourself a space heater.

I own many fast- moving and defensive species including old worlds with potent venom. I don't trust anyone around them besides me. When I go on vacations I simply feed them a lot before I leave and make sure they have a water dish full.