• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my pet dirt :)

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hate it when I can't see them at all, it's such a relief when they burrow to the side of the container or suddenly a little hole appears in the substrate and you know then they are still alive.

This is why I have dozens of them. Always one or two to sneak a peek at. :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
By this response I assumed, after being buried for some time it came up and ate?

Did he come up the same size? Chances are they are sac mates and sac mates fed on the same schedule and/or shipped together usually molt on the same schedules. It's very unlikely they both buried themselves and fasted, for one to molt and on to not and just start eating again. However, it is possible, I know brachys can be weird and I don't keep many
Yes, came up and ate. Sac mate no. One was purchased from KTBG and the other from Jamies accidentally a few weeks later. Forgot to clear the cart when i was ordering feeders from jamies. The one from Jamies is larger it was 3/4" ordered where the one from KTBG was 1/4" ish when ordered.

I just realized the small one molted and forced his molt out about 3 weeks or so ago on the 11th. So his disappearance these last few weeks must have just been fasting or a type of winter hibernation. He's eating well now so your guess is as good, or probably better ;) than mine.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The larger B. albo "Missingno" made a rare appearance last night. Must have been hungry after his molt last week. He's almost doubled in size from when i last saw him.
20160202_194126[2].jpg

Latest posts