• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new additions.

Gavin van den Berg

3 Year Member
So I received my new T's today and though I'd share a few pictures.
I'm going to rehouse the GBB so it is only in the tub temporarily.

I was told a very interesting and sad story about the GBB and it's origin when receiving the GBB this morning.

The previous owner of the T had a very unfortunate event where his whole T shelf fell and he lost a big portion of his T's with the fall. The mother of my new GBB was involved in the accident and unfortunately did not make it.

Apparently this GBB is the only surviving offspring of the mother as well. So it will be my mission to look after this T with everything I have and to ensure that it grows up to be mature and live out it's life.

Size of the P. Cambrigei:
20140716_091300.jpg

Close up of my new big girl:
IMG-20140607.jpg

My new GBB in it's temporary enclosure:
20140716_091326.jpg

It will go into it's new home as soon as possible.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Okay, Okay!!! I have to get me a GBB :confused:. Everybody is doing it so there must be something very special about this T :). Nice additions and a great collection you have going there.

Gavin van den Berg

3 Year Member
Thank you Denny Dee / Sabeth.

I've got the GBB in it's new enclosure and will upload some pictures soon.

Great collection you have going as well Denny. Would love to have a C. Darlingi but unfortunately it's illegal to keep them in SA without a permit.

Don't you have any T's anymore Sabeth? What made you stop collecting?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I have a G. rosea that I'll be sending to a friend soon, and a B. smithi that my brother's keeping. I'm leaving home soon and they can't come with me.

Latest posts