• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My most expensive (and elusive) T

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi everyone, just rehoused 3 Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus (Indian Rainbow Tarantula). This had to be the worst rehousing. Completely burrowed in and as still slings, very hard to see let alone get out of their previous container. Luckily I was well prepared so when one managed to elude capture, the only issue was catching it in the bath.....lol. manged to get a picture of 2 of the 3. The 3rd literally dove head fist into very compact substrate and buried itself straight away. Was like a mole, could acut ally see bits of sub being chucked everywhere.
Hope you all enjoy the pics as probably won't get to post any again until the next rehouse in about 6 to 12 months!
20160626_133227.jpg
20160626_135516.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How big are they hun? Do they stay hidden once they are larger? Or are they just shy slings?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How big are they hun? Do they stay hidden once they are larger? Or are they just shy slings?
I would say about 2.5 to 3cm legspan. Don't know about the adult behaviour I have seen very little on them. Thay all built a vertical tunnel up the side of the enclose and would just sit with the tops of the front legs sticking out. Grab a cricket, drag it down. That's all I ever saw of them.....lol