• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Chaco Golden Knee is climbing?

HeatherCorinne

3 Year Member
I have a one year old chaco golden knee that is behaving as if she's about to molt. She's very dark and is refusing food. Lately, she keeps climbing to the very top of her container and sticking her fangs through the little holes. She even drops off and falls sometimes. Her substrate is not too wet and there are no bugs or mold or anything that I can see is wrong. We spray the sides of her container twice a day to keep the humidity up. She has a small water dish and a wooden hide. We have her in a typical plastic critter keeper with the pop top and tiny slits all around the top. She is constantly climbing to the very same corner of her container and hanging there. I'm not really sure what she's doing. Should I be worried?

spazz

3 Year Member
I had a salmon pink sling that did the same thing every day. Never could figure it out, but otherwise it was perfectly fine.