• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MM P. scrofa exhibiting new behavior today

scrible

3 Year Member
Today my mature male P. scrofa decided to start webbing and burrowing for the first time today. He has never done either in the past. He webbed up the floor at the entrance to this hiding spot and then proceeded to start burrowing in his hiding spot. He piled all of the dug out substrate on top of his newly laid webbing. Seems like odd behavior to me, as I thought he was building a sperm web, but now am at a loss since he proceeded to cover it all with substrate. He is now hiding in his new burrow.

scrible

3 Year Member
Any ideas? He has been hiding in his dug-out, webbed up hideout now for over 24 hours. He is normally very active, prancing around his enclosure, so it is quite odd. I can see him in there with a flashlight and he is upright just hanging out.

Rbales427

3 Year Member
I have never had a pet that has shown more odd behavior then my Ts. Normally I can guess what my pets are doing, but with Ts I never know. It could be as simple as he is getting comfortable and just hanging out. As long as he's not curled up or dead, I'm sure it's normal.

scrible

3 Year Member
I have never had a pet that has shown more odd behavior then my Ts. Normally I can guess what my pets are doing, but with Ts I never know. It could be as simple as he is getting comfortable and just hanging out. As long as he's not curled up or dead, I'm sure it's normal.

I am beginning to realize just how unpredictable they are.

Latest posts