• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Milk snake care?

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Fuzzies arrived in the mail today, tomorrow is feeding day so well see what he thinks of them. I'm hoping the hair doesn't cause him to refuse

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Everything is going great with Jonathan Davis (the korn snake) as far as I can tell hes healthy. Loves feeding day. And isnt put off by our handling, which everyone in the house loves. He has pooped on the wife and I both, just part of the package I suppose. Haha
Resized_20230425_164207.jpeg

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Today was feeding day for Jonathan Davis, he ate his usual meal. I did notice his color looks dull and eyes are cloudy. Hes also a bit sluggish and clumsy. I believe we have a shed coming.

I'll give him a couple days to digest his meal. Then I was thinking of letting him slither around in a damp towel. What say you friends?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It certainly sounds like a shed is on the way. It tends to happen around a week after the cloudy eyes appear, they will clear after a day or two though.
As long as he has a water bowl big enough to curl up in he will have a soak if he wants to. They do on occassion enjoy a swim at any time though.

Noodlelove

Cant like that.. we have loved having the new friend so far. What's the reason you can't get one?
I have two beautiful noodles. Vanilla and Bert. Also 6 free range hens. 3 big dogs I walk miles a day. 3 goldfish in a 70 gallon tank. 2 cats. And the land octopi. (T's). Tapped out. But I love a king snake and a milk snake but I can't have it all

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Question for you all, when you bathe them.. is it recommended to put anything in the water to help with them pooping? Or just warm water enough?

It is several decades since I had anything to do with snakes. But we only used warm water & not all snakes enjoy it. Some stress when offered water, even if it is at the correct temperature. Others love a bath.

We offered a shallow bath, just over body depth at the deep end & simple warm water is sufficient to get a poop. Don't use a human bath, as that will have been cleaned with chemicals & have had shampoo etc used in it.

Latest posts