• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Kable

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
holy hell! how did i miss this thread?!? Gorgeous snake. My son and i were just talking about getting our first yesterday. He wants a milk snake, i'm still looking at Kings but everything is on hold for us until the holidays. Back to school shopping kills my budget, sneaks up on me every year ;) after 10 years you'd think i'd learn to save up some over the summer lol.

I'm thinking i'll suprise him with a snake setup for xmas, then get the snake in the spring when the temps are good for shipping.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Yes, that is a good idea. And thanks, I love my little guy and his sass!

There are some super pretty milks, but milks aesthetic is my least favorite. The LPS near me has some nice bamboo milk snakes.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
So apparently I am really bad at eyeballing size. I upped Kables food to two xs pinkies after which he ate (and made a huge mess of) pooped and shed in no particularmy known order and I measured his old skin...15inches!
20160806_170303.jpg
20160806_165828.jpg
before measuring after removing

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Psyrocke you're slacking honey! How can I enjoy him vicariously with no new pictures ?!
The skin pic is nice and all but him all shiny new would be better :p

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I will get a pic of him in his somewhat fresh new skin tongiht now that he is out and about again. And my boyfriends if he's feeling cooperative. He shed earlier this week and pooped all in one go. Of course right after my boyfriend leaves for his family vacation so now I get to clean his snakes poop and shed haha.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So apparently I am really bad at eyeballing size. I upped Kables food to two xs pinkies after which he ate (and made a huge mess of) pooped and shed in no particularmy known order and I measured his old skin...15inches!
View attachment 18340 View attachment 18344 before measuring after removing

His old skin isn't a precise guide to his size as it stretches slightly, Congrats on the shed though :).

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 18446 View attachment 18447 View attachment 18448 @kormath here is a pic of my boyfriend's cornsnake set up with working light as you consider your options:)
Awesome! I love pics! that's a gorgeous snake.

I've been asking around, sent an email to LLCReptiles, etc. I've found that I can keep the snake just fine in my conditions, i'll just need to wet the sub on the cool side in the summer and use a small fan to circulate the air so there's a difference in temps. I may actually buy an AC as it got up to 83 in my room last night and was totally miserable lol. So this weekend i'll go buy the enclosure.

I was looking at ordering the Fire cornsnake - http://www.lllreptile.com/products/32040-baby-fire-cornsnakes,
or the Okeetee Motley - http://www.lllreptile.com/products/32011-baby-okeetee-motley-cornsnakes,
or the Butter - http://www.lllreptile.com/products/31849-baby-butter-cornsnakes

I just can't make up my mind lol Suggestions?

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Awesome! I love pics! that's a gorgeous snake.

I've been asking around, sent an email to LLCReptiles, etc. I've found that I can keep the snake just fine in my conditions, i'll just need to wet the sub on the cool side in the summer and use a small fan to circulate the air so there's a difference in temps. I may actually buy an AC as it got up to 83 in my room last night and was totally miserable lol. So this weekend i'll go buy the enclosure.

I was looking at ordering the Fire cornsnake - http://www.lllreptile.com/products/32040-baby-fire-cornsnakes,
or the Okeetee Motley - http://www.lllreptile.com/products/32011-baby-okeetee-motley-cornsnakes,
or the Butter - http://www.lllreptile.com/products/31849-baby-butter-cornsnakes

I just can't make up my mind lol Suggestions?
I like the fire and the butter personally.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love the fire (red is my thing lol)
but drawn to both the others especially the butter.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah me too :) think i'll go with the fire. Couldn't get that cage set i wanted last payday, but i'm going to a golf tournament the weekend of the 17th in the city, so i'll go to one of the petsmart stores there and pick it up, probably be cheaper anyway than the store close by here.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
20160903_144554.jpg
he is such a scaredy big boy. There is his curl tactic while I was giving him good. Gave him two xs pinkies, closed enclosure snapped the shot and left but of course he decided to be a big baby.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Sorry for the ghosting everyone, figured I'd update everyone on my first snake. Kable had another great shed with me which makes his second with me about two weeks ago and is now eating fuzzies with no problem. He musked me for the first time when I cleaned out his cage last week, but he is definitely calming down.
Message_1485278232476_resized.jpg
Message_1485278256004_resized.jpg

With my luck with this guy I have found a fondness for snakes and I began watching some snake breeders on YouTube and now eventually I wish to have a Dumerils Boa as my next one. The patterning on them is awesome, and the temperament seems perfect as well.

Latest posts