• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mature female making herself at home.....

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sharing this to get some inputs :)
This is my mature female that I rehoused in her new enclosure about a month ago. As she didn't bother to web much her previous enclosure, I found quite unusual the amount of webbing done in just a month. One thing to mention, her enclosure is side by side to a freshly matured male. Do you think the male in such a close proximity might trigger the excessive webbing?
Let me know what you think, thank you.
1A4C577E-9D34-40E6-AF4A-919494569E53.jpeg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sharing this to get some inputs :)
This is my mature female that I rehoused in her new enclosure about a month ago. As she didn't bother to web much her previous enclosure, I found quite unusual the amount of webbing done in just a month. One thing to mention, her enclosure is side by side to a freshly matured male. Do you think the male in such a close proximity might trigger the excessive webbing?
Let me know what you think, thank you.View attachment 61451
She's fixing the place up for him. That could be a good reason for the new webbing. She maybe smelling the pheromones. My two Ceratogyrus darlingi female's did the same thing. As soon as the male matured they started webbing up the place. Prior to that they only webbed up inside their burrow. Haven't noticed it with anyone else that hadn't been paired.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She's fixing the place up for him. That could be a good reason for the new webbing. She maybe smelling the pheromones. My two Ceratogyrus darlingi female's did the same thing. As soon as the male matured they started webbing up the place. Prior to that they only webbed up inside their burrow. Haven't noticed it with anyone else that hadn't been paired.
Thank you my friend for your input. I will likely pair her up next weekend as she did so much work ;) but I’ll fatten her up a little bit more this week first.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good luck, my friend.. Rumor has it that this sps. produces a truckload of eggs. Sending you fertile thoughts.
Thank you my friend.
I will look for someone to take over the sac if there is a fertile one, I have more than enough to handle but want to give this male we raised since 1/3 a chance to fulfill his life’s goal ;)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you my friend.
I will look for someone to take over the sac if there is a fertile one, I have more than enough to handle but want to give this male we raised since 1/3 a chance to fulfill his life’s goal ;)
Just split a sack with someone I gave a male to. 1137 slings total.

Latest posts