• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

M. Balfouri refusing to eat after molting

Julespooks

I got my M balfouri juvenile about a month ago. I decided to rehouse it as soon as it got home. It refused to eat for the whole time and realized it molted 2 weeks after getting it. But now it's been another two weeks and it completely blocked off its enclosure, still refusing to eat. I can't check if it's getting skinnier since it's always hidden. Is there anything I can do? I'm getting a bit worried.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got my M balfouri juvenile about a month ago. I decided to rehouse it as soon as it got home. It refused to eat for the whole time and realized it molted 2 weeks after getting it. But now it's been another two weeks and it completely blocked off its enclosure, still refusing to eat. I can't check if it's getting skinnier since it's always hidden. Is there anything I can do? I'm getting a bit worried.
Best thing you can do is leave it alone, tarantulas do get stressed if you keep bothering them - that's why they block themselves off its there way of telling us to leave them alone :)
It will be fine just make sure it has a dish full of water it will come out when it's ready, they can go for long periods of time without food and it causes them no harm :)

Julespooks

Best thing you can do is leave it alone, tarantulas do get stressed if you keep bothering them - that's why they block themselves off its there way of telling us to leave them alone :)
It will be fine just make sure it has a dish full of water it will come out when it's ready, they can go for long periods of time without food and it causes them no harm :)
I end up checking on it every few days but I guess I'll just have to leave it alone for longer, thank you :)