• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LP Slings

Payden King

3 Year Member
Alright, so I have seven LP slings and some don't eat (or at least I never see it because I don't feed live to my slings) and so they are about a fourth of the size of some others. I know they normally don't grow at the same pace but I am a little worried as they are some of my first slings. I worry that it will end up being a pick of the litter thing and they won't all make it. Anyone able to give me any advice? Thanks!:T:

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Females are going to grow slower than males since they take longer to mature and live longer. As far as the survival rate goes, That's how it is often. Some individuals are just weaker than others and don't make it. That's mother nature's way of weaning out the weaker ones.

Payden King

3 Year Member
Thanks!
They all seem healthy and have had molts from all of them. They all move around and don't seem "sickly" I guess. I just am so in love with them so I'm hoping they all turn out to make it pretty far along :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks!
They all seem healthy and have had molts from all of them. They all move around and don't seem "sickly" I guess. I just am so in love with them so I'm hoping they all turn out to make it pretty far along :)
If they're all from the same sac, the smaller ones are likely females, as Chubbs said. Not positively, but likely. 7 Lp slings...I envy you, sir...I love the species.

Payden King

3 Year Member
I have some but not the best ones cuz they run as soon as I take the picture lol. But yeah I saw and adult at a show not too long ago and thought she was a beaut so when my friends had babies I decided to get some!

Latest posts