• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Looking for Avic versi and Avic purpurea

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My son and i want to purchase these 2 T's but i have yet to find both on a vendor site. I can find one or the other. I'm hoping someone here with more knowledge of the various breeders out there can direct me to one. I prefer slings, 1/2-1.5" or so.

Meludox

3 Year Member
I just looked everywhere that I know, can't find anyone who sells both. :( I only know two breeders who have A. purpurea but plenty others have versi's.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah same here. i think i'll have to buy them separately, so that means we'll get 4 T's instead of 2 :D No way i'll just buy one a time and pay $40 shipping each.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I realise no help at all but I recently got both these without any issues in the UK. The Purperea is less common certainly. Mine arrived today. I hope you mange to get some. Lovely spiders....especially when slings. Good luck and please post pics when you have them. :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks like the purperea is going to stay on my list for a while longer. Thanks for checking guys :) now on with the mental debate of what i want to buy with my son's avic versi

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks like the purperea is going to stay on my list for a while longer. Thanks for checking guys :) now on with the mental debate of what i want to buy with my son's avic versi
Oh no....such a shame. I hope you manage to get one this year. Keep the faith.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh no....such a shame. I hope you manage to get one this year. Keep the faith.
Oh i'll get one :D just not in the same order as the versi. I just ordered my son his A. versicolor and myself an LP. next order we do, probably in february or march when the weather is warmer and the money pouch cobwebs have been cleaned out i'll get myself the purpurea and my son his A. chalcodes. That's one of the ones that's always been at the top of his list but he keeps changing it more than i change mine lol.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh i'll get one :D just not in the same order as the versi. I just ordered my son his A. versicolor and myself an LP. next order we do, probably in february or march when the weather is warmer and the money pouch cobwebs have been cleaned out i'll get myself the purpurea and my son his A. chalcodes. That's one of the ones that's always been at the top of his list but he keeps changing it more than i change mine lol.
For me the chalcodes is like the B smithi, and emilia, they're common spiders that most hobbyists consider must haves, and i keep passing on them to get other spiders, and every time I see them now I kick myself.:mad: I know, I have a problem. You all do too, it's the nature of the beast.:rolleyes:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For me the chalcodes is like the B smithi, and emilia, they're common spiders that most hobbyists consider must haves, and i keep passing on them to get other spiders, and every time I see them now I kick myself.:mad: I know, I have a problem. You all do too, it's the nature of the beast.:rolleyes:
exactly. I don't know how many times my most wanted list has changed. I'm sure i have 3 or 4 different versions posted here in various threads lol.

Made my son a promise though, Next purchase is the chalcodes for him and smithi for me. Smithi was the first T i wanted and i've passed on it 4 times now lol. He talked me into the B. vagans first, then talked me into the albo, etc. etc. :)

Latest posts