• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Local Pet Store Is Selling A Cobalt Blue

Avicularia Kael

The pet store I go to is now selling a C. lividus! It is almost the size of my hand too... I am worried some kid will think it's cool and want to buy it, only for either the spider or kid to get hurt. The employees at the pet store were almost scared to death by a juvenile Avic, I don't know how they are going to deal with this one...

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The pet store I go to is now selling a C. lividus! It is almost the size of my hand too... I am worried some kid will think it's cool and want to buy it, only for either the spider or kid to get hurt. The employees at the pet store were almost scared to death by a juvenile Avic, I don't know how they are going to deal with this one...
...I guess you have to buy it LOL :eek:

timc

3 Year Member
Yeah it’s an unfortunate part of the hobby, but it isn’t terribly uncommon. One of my LPSs had the same species for sale a number of years ago (it was still haplopelma or whatever at the time, just to give an idea of how long ago). I was bummed about it but short of giving them money and basically telling them what they’re doing is ok, there was nothing I could do. There’s also a pretty good chance it’s wild caught too, so there’s that to consider.

Latest posts