• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Live Plants

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
More pics please [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For live plants, obviously it depends on which ones. Something grown from seeds or used for other critters is probably the best choice.

I use frog moss in my 5 gallon Terra Blue professional enclosure for my L Klugi. She absolutely loves it and spends most of her time chilling out on it, happy and fully visible. I do have to water it carefully so as not to squirt the tarantula and she doesn't like to move.

Live plants might have another benefit. If you feed crickets and the. T ignores them, the plants are an alternative food source which makes the cricket less likely to try to nibble on the spider from starvation. I've noticed crickets nibbling on the frog moss, usually only for a second or two. My T Justina typically flattens them in no time since that is her favorite chill out location.

It's kinda like her lazy boy recliner.

L Klugi Justina on moss 4.jpg
L klugi Justina rehouse 2.0 4.jpg

Latest posts