• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Latest L Klugi Justina's size

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When I got her back in late July early August, she was about maybe 1.5 inches in size. Now look at her!!

I got her to climb the glass by lightly misting the enclosure right beside her. Normally there's no reason to do this but I wanted to get the size.

I'm claiming she's just 5 inches diagonal leg measurement. I successfully pushed the entire ruler against the glass firmly without spooking her!!

The rear right limb is bent so the tip and is about just over .25 inches which needs to be added to the length. The rear extends to within 1/16th an inch of the 4' mark.

The front left for extends just over .5 inches past the rear which needs to be added to the length bringing it to 4.75".

If you look at the body, you'll notice that the section where the legs join the body is not quite parellel to the ruler if you draw a center line. The front leg and the rear section are slightly bent as a curve in the middle which would shorten them. It's like a straw bent into a slight Z pattern vs a straight straw that started at the same length.

Based on visual inspection, I'm claiming that these bends subtract .25 inches which needs to be added back.

A limitation is that you can't find the maximum distance of the leg away from the glass with any degree of precision. If you could, you could make a triangle and use geometry to find the straight length.

A claim of 5" is fairly conservative. The tarantula has increased it's size by a factor between 3x the 4x. Sadly, I didn't get an exact measurement when I got her.

I've had her for about 6 months, kept around 80 degrees and fed about 2 or 3 times a week with the exception of pre and post molting.

This blows my mind!! The Lasiodora genus is a great choice for a display spider.

Assuming it grows at the same rate for the next 8 months, it would potentially reach 10 inches projecting an absolute max size possible. In my opinion a projected size of 8 to 8.5 inches is far more realistic.

Nope, she's not for sale at any price!!

See my posting in the gallery. The phone is misbehaving when I try to add the image.

Latest posts