• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lasiodora parahybana puts dirt clumps in water bowl

mrotsliah

3 Year Member
My LP has a habit of putting dirt clumps into her water bowl. Has anyone else had this issue? The dirt clumps seem to be coconut husk mixed with her silk threads. See pictures.

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Get used to it. Pulchra used to always fill it’s dish within hours of filling it. To the point I put a heavier dish in so he couldn’t tip it. Then felt bad coz he looked upset so gave him only dish back to play with while still having water in the heavier one

Soulman

Bug Gel,just a thought.Because some slings are so small and bottle caps look to big.and to spray maybe.(water,Polyacrylamide Gel) stops the risk of drowning??

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_173124_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20200428_173124_hdr.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 9

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Bug Gel,just a thought.Because some slings are so small and bottle caps look to big.and to spray maybe.(water,Polyacrylamide Gel) stops the risk of drowning??
Tarantulas don't drink from a sponge, nor water gel, AFAIK or have read.
I use the gel for feeder insects like crickets and roaches that usually drown in water dishes.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Bug gel is not advised for Ts as it can harbour Bacteria. Ts will not drown, they trap air in their hairs so will float, in fact some actually swim.

Soulman

Just a thought,but I was always told to keep an eye on the little ones,?anyway I use the big gel only for my bugs.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Bug gel is not advised for Ts as it can harbour Bacteria. Ts will not drown, they trap air in their hairs so will float, in fact some actually swim.
I watched a sling walk across a water dish once.
I was like "jesus" and the sling looked at me and turned the water into wine and I think I took the joke too far...

Latest posts