• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lasiodora parahybana barricade hide

londelsh

3 Year Member
Evening everyone, hope your all doing good. So my LP has just been moved into a new enclosure, and since then s/he has stayed hidden in his hide and barricaded the entrance. I know there are many different reasons as to why they do this but I can't figure out what it could be, temp/humidity/molt I have no idea. So my question is what is everyone's experience and outcome with this. And what can I do other then wait.
405a22bc8536fe54f7db775916f3928b.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There's nothing you can do really. Your T will come out when it's ready. It could be just settling in after its move to a new home or it could be coming up to moult. Just leave it alone for a few days except for watering and feeding, if it doesn't eat then remove the food next morning.

londelsh

3 Year Member
Thanks I wasn't really worried as I know it can be normal but I'll do what you said leave it be and see what happens. Thanks.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Thanks I wasn't really worried as I know it can be normal but I'll do what you said leave it be and see what happens. Thanks.

Yea if it's crawling around its top and sides of the enclosure it's restless n stressed. It's made that fat web curtain which is a good sign of possible molt, or just remodeling it's new home

londelsh

3 Year Member
Yea if it's crawling around its top and sides of the enclosure it's restless n stressed. It's made that fat web curtain which is a good sign of possible molt, or just remodeling it's new home
That's good then since s/he has come out but performs to stay behind that substrate wall lol. So if my T is sat at the top of enclosure and won't come down that mean stress and restless what can I do to stop that, as my OBT is doing that at the moment.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's good then since s/he has come out but performs to stay behind that substrate wall lol. So if my T is sat at the top of enclosure and won't come down that mean stress and restless what can I do to stop that, as my OBT is doing that at the moment.

OBT are semi arboreal. Both of mine started webbing from the top corner of their containers downwards, then built a cave at the bottom. My adult still spends almost all of her time when out at the top of her terrarium.

londelsh

3 Year Member
OBT are semi arboreal. Both of mine started webbing from the top corner of their containers downwards, then built a cave at the bottom. My adult still spends almost all of her time when out at the top of her terrarium.
He is webbing don't know what he's making though, as it looks like he's building a tunnel across the whole enclosure, it'll be cool as hell if that is what he's doing but it's going to be a complete nightmare to clean and maintain lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He is webbing don't know what he's making though, as it looks like he's building a tunnel across the whole enclosure, it'll be cool as hell if that is what he's doing but it's going to be a complete nightmare to clean and maintain lol.

This is what my girl has done
DSCF6613 (2).JPG

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member

Here's my male. 1 gallon container filled literally to the top with web tunnels. they're amazing builders. Like u already said.....be careful
IMG_5201.JPG

Latest posts