• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just wanted to say Hello!

roy187

3 Year Member
Are you scared of handling your little guys like me or are you atleast over that step?

roy187

3 Year Member
I'm still a little nervous when it comes to handling but I'm sure you get over it with time

JT2

3 Year Member
Hey!Im a noob here but this forum is great! Noticed a few handeling comments here. I try not to bit do with certain ts do handle. If you do take the. Enclosure to the floor and then take the t out. A hi drop could kill them.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Hey!Im a noob here but this forum is great! Noticed a few handeling comments here. I try not to bit do with certain ts do handle. If you do take the. Enclosure to the floor and then take the t out. A hi drop could kill them.

Yes I NEVER handle my T standing up I am always on the floor handling him, or feeding him, etc. I've had him for 3 weeks, only handled him twice, I try to keep that to a minimum

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
My smaller female rosea has gotten... irritable since breeding and has thrown up her fangs a couple times already. I had to take her out recently and picking her up was the easiest way. Her fangs came out too, but only to help pull herself overtop of my hand. Quite weird feeling... I don't think I'd be too upset with a bite from her though. I've been bit and hit by worse...

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Thank you! And wow that must be a weird feeling, I have never gotten bit, and my T has never displayed any negative behavior, which I'm happy about!!

Ms.Vicious

3 Year Member
HI! I handle all my Ts, snakes, lizards, and even fish. I have had 3 ts in my life and have handled them all, people say you shouldn't but I cannot help it. I have such a deep connection with all my animals and love them so much and i am ALWAYS careful, to each their own though. Anyway welcome!