• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just want to say

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That my GBB eats like it's going out of style.. I have never seen a sling so veracious in all my time collecting. Not to mention how active it is.. WOW so happy I made this decision.
They are without a doubt one of my favorites, if not my favorite. Both of mine are in heavy premolt right now :( Haven't seen them in a few weeks..but yeah, the wrestling matches the slings get into with prey is highly entertaining..

timc

3 Year Member
This is my favorite spider in my collection (don't tell the others)! Everything about them
Is awesome from their coloration to their feeding response to their personalities. I always planned on getting all different species but after falling in love with mine I might just get one every time I get new tarantulas!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is my favorite spider in my collection (don't tell the others)! Everything about them
Is awesome from their coloration to their feeding response to their personalities. I always planned on getting all different species but after falling in love with mine I might just get one every time I get new tarantulas!
I've got a young adult female and a 2.5 inch suspect female, and I'm quite sure I'll get at least two more slings..love those guys. The ideal spider to keep, in my opinion. Great webbers, great appetites, dry species, and they're stunners.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Agree with all of that....except for the personality. At least mine. she is skittish as all get out. Never threw a threat posture but acts like she might alot. Named her Shiva ( blue hindu god that has multiple arms.)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, I forgot to mention that.. Both of mine are kind of skittish as well. Not too bad though, they don't panic and try to leave their enclosures. Never seen one threat posture either, but they will kick a few hairs occasionally. Btw I like the name.

Last edited:

Latest posts