• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

jamies tarantula

rénee

3 Year Member
Hey so I have been trying to order some things off of jamies, but everytime I go to checkout when I select country It allows me to select Canada, but it always asks me to select a shipping method but yet it doesn't give me a shipping method to select, and even if I try to write in the comments which shipping method it doesn't work.

Does jamies not ship to canada? It has the option too, and when I read the shipping policy I couldn't find anything about whether or not it does ship Canada

rénee

3 Year Member
Also if this is the case that they don't ship to canada, which their "shipping map" doesn't show Canada. . Where else can I get stuff for tarantulas.. I'm mainly looking for cork bark, the ventilation screens, that kind of stuff..

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Dont believe shes shipping at all until 1-3
Please place your order December 15th or earlier for arrival before Christmas. Jamie’s Tarantulas will not be shipping from December 17 through January 3rd. Orders placed during this period will be shipped starting January 4th.
Our Holiday Shipping Schedule is as follows. Orders Placed:

Wednesday 12/9 through Friday 12/11 will ship Monday 12/14
Saturday 12/12 & Sunday 12/13 will ship Tuesday 12/15Monday 12/14 & Tuesday 12/15 will ship Wednesday

Not sure about out of country but this may be the issue ^^

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Everything i've gotten from her is through USPS. God they are slow. Both orders have sat in the USPS in San Bernardino for 3 days before they're sent here. Worst part is i goofed on this last order and it has T in it. my 1-3 day shipping won't be delivered until Monday, 10 days after placing the order. That's USPS service for ya.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Everything i've gotten from her is through USPS. God they are slow. Both orders have sat in the USPS in San Bernardino for 3 days before they're sent here. Worst part is i goofed on this last order and it has T in it. my 1-3 day shipping won't be delivered until Monday, 10 days after placing the order. That's USPS service for ya.
Usually when it looks like it's sitting, it just means that they created the shipping label so it exists in their system , doesnt actually mean its shipped, so hopefully no little T was sitting in there.
Mine have all come exactly when promised.

rénee

3 Year Member
I did try to order a few weeks ago already and it did the same thing. But I will wait till the 4th and try again, if not I'll contact her and ask, and if not if she has any recommendations for in Canada.

Most tarantula sites for Canada just sell the T's, which is fine anyway, but I'm also looking for cheaper decor and all that shenanigans :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Kymura that's hopefully it.

I got the email through Stamps.com from Jamie so i thought that's when she took it to the post office or they picked it up. Then i check tracking and it went from the sorting facility to the San Bernardino USPS where it sat for 3 days.

That's another reason i hate the USPS :mad: their tracking system sucks. You get no details like you do FedEx or UPS. At least with those i can see when the label is made, when the item is picked up from shipper, when the item is sent to sorting, when it's transfered from station to station, and what day I can expect delivery. USPS you throw salt over your shoulder knock on wood and pray it will get there in one piece on time. I won't get started on damage claims lol i'll be here all night ranting. :p

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Kymura that's hopefully it.

I got the email through Stamps.com from Jamie so i thought that's when she took it to the post office or they picked it up. Then i check tracking and it went from the sorting facility to the San Bernardino USPS where it sat for 3 days.

That's another reason i hate the USPS :mad: their tracking system sucks. You get no details like you do FedEx or UPS. At least with those i can see when the label is made, when the item is picked up from shipper, when the item is sent to sorting, when it's transfered from station to station, and what day I can expect delivery. USPS you throw salt over your shoulder knock on wood and pray it will get there in one piece on time. I won't get started on damage claims lol i'll be here all night ranting. :p
Totally agree with you, and you cant really complain to them as its against their rules to mail them to begin with :(
http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub52/pub52c5_007.htm

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I did try to order a few weeks ago already and it did the same thing. But I will wait till the 4th and try again, if not I'll contact her and ask, and if not if she has any recommendations for in Canada.

Most tarantula sites for Canada just sell the T's, which is fine anyway, but I'm also looking for cheaper decor and all that shenanigans :)
Do you have eBay ? I've gotten several good deals through them?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@rénee amazon is good. That's where i got my cork bark rounds and most of my kritter keepers, cricket/roach food, substrate, etc. etc. I found a cool looking enclosure there i'll receive Monday. The only thing i can't find there is the fake plants i want :)

@Kymura Good thing i ordered an enclosure accidentally also, i can complain about it :) not that it does any good. Last time i filled out a form for a damaged package i didn't hear anything for 3 weeks, then i was told it was too long after the incident to do anything. Typical government BS. FedEx and UPS have an answer on claims within 48 hours usually.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Also if this is the case that they don't ship to canada, which their "shipping map" doesn't show Canada. . Where else can I get stuff for tarantulas.. I'm mainly looking for cork bark, the ventilation screens, that kind of stuff..
roundvents.com has a huge variety and great prices for ur vents. There's a place near me called "fins, feathers, paws and claws" that has good cork bark and cork bark tubes at great prices. I'm sure they ship....worth a try

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
roundvents.com has a huge variety and great prices for ur vents. There's a place near me called "fins, feathers, paws and claws" that has good cork bark and cork bark tubes at great prices. I'm sure they ship....worth a try
Awesome! Needed that vent site TY!