• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this normal??? (Pink Toe T)

ItsJustDan

Once it settles in, it will make use of a hide. Even if it doesn't though, at least you have offered one. You may find, that once you have reorganised the enclosure into a proper arboreal setup and have left your t time and space to settle in, that its behaviour will adjust.

If you can, get a taller piece of cork bark about just over 1/2 to 2/3rds the height of the enclosure. Then you can keep this one for your next terrestrial tarantula! Oh there will definitely be another...

I would definitely throw away that heat lamp. It is for reptiles, not tarantulas and could actually harm/kill your avic by overheating and dehydrating it. Not to mention that spiders abhor lights of any sort shone directly into their enclosures. Glad you've had the sense not to use it! Not everyone realises they are bad though, especially when going with bad advice from petshops...
Thanks a ton for the advice, I've ordered some stuff from Amazon that came today, I've rebuilt the enclosure. Though I do think the bark is too tall? Maybe? I took the advice from ur last post about putting it vertical.

The thermometer I bought is just to keep an eye on the room temperature.

Heres a front, side and back pic

Update 1/1/20 4:33PM - the T spun a small about of web inside the bark tube, hope that's good!

Attachments

• 20200103_141519.jpg
    20200103_141519.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • 20200103_141602.jpg
    20200103_141602.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • 20200103_141645.jpg
    20200103_141645.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
That looks great!!! Your avic will be very happy there. Tube looks fine to me.

It's up to you if you want the thermometer/humidity but don't get hung up on it. In fact, forget humidity altogether. You're better off keeping the enclosure dry. As long as you keep the waterdish full. You can occasionally spray a fine mist onto its webbing or on an enclosure wall (just enough to accumulate a couple of droplets) to give it another drinking option, but no need to go overboard.

ItsJustDan

That looks great!!! Your avic will be very happy there. Tube looks fine to me.

It's up to you if you want the thermometer/humidity but don't get hung up on it. In fact, forget humidity altogether. You're better off keeping the enclosure dry. As long as you keep the waterdish full. You can occasionally spray a fine mist onto its webbing or on an enclosure wall (just enough to accumulate a couple of droplets) to give it another drinking option, but no need to go overboard.
Awesome!!! I'm so glad it'll like it. Thank you so much for all the advice, you and anyone who replied. If my PinkToe is happy then I'm happy. :D

Latest posts