• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is that black circle a missing leg?

ryanm7277

I was just checking in them as I do and I noticed this black circle, is that a missing leg?

Attachments

• 888F82CA-CC18-438C-ABD8-3B6CBDB13FD9.jpeg
    888F82CA-CC18-438C-ABD8-3B6CBDB13FD9.jpeg
    713.2 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32

ryanm7277

lol listen I can count to eight but as you see he is in his burrow and sadly I can’t really get a good look at him, and I don’t want to sit-ups him to have him come bout of the burrow.

ryanm7277

After I separated them, I had them both in ICUs for a day or two before housing them, to make sure they were ok. They weren’t leaking any fluid or anything. He had the leg. It must have happened after that? Maybe a super worm? Oh well I’ll probably never know.

Tarantulafeets

After I separated them, I had them both in ICUs for a day or two before housing them, to make sure they were ok. They weren’t leaking any fluid or anything. He had the leg. It must have happened after that? Maybe a super worm? Oh well I’ll probably never know.
If a leg is damaged, they can close off a valve to stop blood flow, and detach the leg from their body. Otherwise it should grow back in a few molts.

Latest posts