• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my T okay?

tylerawr

3 Year Member
Hey guys!

So I've had my Chaco Golden Knee (Grammostola Pulchripes) for about 9 months now. When I got him, he was only a 1/2'' sling. He molted once exactly 8 weeks after I got him. Since then, I have been feeding him about 3-4 pinhead crickets twice a week. He never refuses food, and always attacks/eats them quickly. I'm starting to get a little bit worried because he hasn't molted since October of last year. Shouldn't a sling be growing faster than that?

Thanks in advance. :)

Cobalt

3 Year Member
How big is he now? G. pulchripes are slow growers and even after 9 months you can't expect it to grow that much. However, not molting for 6 months sounds really odd to me. Thats unusual for a sling whatever the sp.

tylerawr

3 Year Member
He's about 1'' at the most right now. His abdomen looks plump and not shriveled, so he seems healthy at least.

tylerawr

3 Year Member
Okay cool, good to hear. This is my first T so I wasn't sure what to expect. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll end up being a female. :)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As long as he's healthy, eating and hydrated I wouldn't worry too much :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for a moult soon!