• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

International breeding loans

ta122

I didn't find anything on this topic when I searched. I'm in the US and came across a MM P. sp. platyomma available for a breeding loan in Canada. Is anyone familiar with a situation like this? I'm not sure what duties may be due or what the FWS would have to say.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I didn't find anything on this topic when I searched. I'm in the US and came across a MM P. sp. platyomma available for a breeding loan in Canada. Is anyone familiar with a situation like this? I'm not sure what duties may be due or what the FWS would have to say.
Not sure if you got your answer by now, but you both would still need the proper permits and paperwork. There are a few breeders here in the states who could have what you’re looking for, or possibly knows someone who does.

ta122

Thank you! That's good to know. I've come across a couple of them this year, but I was too late. I have an importer keeping an eye out for me while I research permits, and I have some slings. I'll keep looking.